List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    RE: [e-users] EEM (Enlightenment on Zaurus); E17 LiveCD - good idea or bad?
From:       "Martin White" <martin () guddler ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-03-08 12:30:58

I'm not for a second implying that ANY of the stuff suggested should be done
by anyone involved in E development. Hence it went in as a reply to the
comment about an E based distro...

Thus new branding and control tools ALA Mandrake or SUSE would then be able
to be bundled with E because it would be getting done by the team that comes
up with the distro, not the E developers.

But, reading further down my post, I don't think that yet another distro is
the way to go anyway. There's already FAR too many out there. Choice is
good, granted, but too much choice can also be a bad thing.

Anyways, not sure how the idea of distribution "themed" themes would be a
nightmare? All it takes is for someone running X distro to add all the menu
items and icons and stuff (E16) in and host it as a E theme. It's reasonably
safe to assume that whoever installs X distro will more than likely have all
of that distro's stock custom tools (eg, mandrake's drakconf), if they don't
then they must have done an advanced install and can therefore sort their
own menus and stuff out.

To finish, I repeat that I don't think this is E development stuff or
enhancement stuff or whatever you wish to call it. Maybe then the mail is in
the wrong place, but it's just in response to the subject of an E17 LiveCD -
which incidentally, yes, I think is a great idea. Looks like one is on it's
way though...

Martin.