List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    [e-users] EEM (Enlightenment on Zaurus); E17 LiveCD - good idea or bad?
From:       Victor Hooi <victorhooi () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-03-07 10:58:58

hi,

It's great to see the kind of publicity E is getting lately. Anyway, I
have a question with regard to the EEM eyecandy video on rasterman's site.

Is there any publicly-available code for this, or is there any way I
could get something like that working on my Zaurus? It looked totally
cool...and even if it's just a facade, it would still be cool to try
out. Rasterman - could you release anything, even a fragment or tidbit?

Also, a lot of people seem to be expressing an interest in having a
livecd with E17 on it - does anybody here think that would be useful?
The Klax livecd, with KDE 3.4 RC1 is totally cool and looks very slick,
fairly light and small (much more than Knoppix), loads very fast and
based on Slackware =). How about we adapt Slax for E17? I would love to
contribute to something like that, but unfortunately I don't think I'm
experienced or skilled enough to do something like that - still, I'm
going to try and do some reading and eventually take a shot at it - has
anybody here tried something similar (so that I can perhpas learn from
your mistakes/triumphs) ?

thanks a lot,
Victor