List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] e 16.8
From:       Peter Hyman <pete4abw () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-01-30 22:32:55

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 00:16 +0200, Bradley Reed wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:43:19 +0100
> Emanuele Cecchi <emanuelececchi@spymac.com> wrote:
>

> > I just got the cvs version of E 0.16.8 , but I not able to find the
> > location to launch it.
> > My E 17 is located on /usr/local/bin/enlightenment , and now I not able
> > to fine the E 16.
> > My file /etc/X11/Session list e17 but not enlightenment or e16 ...: -((
> > Anyone could helpme??!!
> >

> I built with --prefix=/usr so it is /usr/bin/starte16. I think by default it
> is /usr/local/bin/starte16.
>
> My system (Slackware-10.1beta1/current) doesn't have an /etc/X11/Session so I
> can't help there.
>
> Brad

Look for the file enlightenment.desktop which could be in
X11/dm/Sessions. It may install it there.

If not, copy the following to a desktop file in your /etc/X11/Sessions.

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Enlightenment
Comment=This session starts the Enlightenment window manager
Exec=starte16
Icon=
Type=Application

and you should be fine.