List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] E 0.16.7 pre6
From:       Bradley Reed <bradreed () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-07-21 1:32:22

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:17:20 +0200
Kim Woelders <kim@woelders.dk> wrote:

> Bradley Reed wrote:

> > One other minor thing that changed between this release and pre5, I
> > believe, is the necessity to specify a --sysconfdir when
> > configuring.
> >
> Actually, this was introduced in -pre5. Not sure, but I think it is
> normal having to specify sysconfdir when putting stuff into /etc.

I first noticed it in 99.5.1 but I may have just missed it.

I wasn't implying that there was anything wrong. I had just been lazy in
the past when compiling enlightenment and had only been specifying
--prefix.  I had just noticed that the enlightenment.desktop file was in
the wrong location (for me) when packaging it up, and this is when I
realized I couldn't stay lazy anymore. :)

I much prefer using --sysconfdir than there being a hard coded path to
some weird location.

BTW, I haven't been able to lose focus switching between mozilla and
other apps, minimizing, switching desktops, etc.  Were there are known
ways that reliably lost focus in the past that I could test?

Brad