List:       enlightenment-users
Subject:    Re: [e-users] E startup ...
From:       Phil Morris <morrispe () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2003-01-20 21:02:50

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 04:16:31PM +0100, Bojan Alempijevic wrote:
> Ani Adarsh wrote:
>
> >hi i just got e 17 built and running on my system there are 2 problems
> >in it now
> >1. There is just the background image on it .. nothing else is there
> >when i right click or left click i get a menu but thats all .. when i
> >minimize a window there is no icon bar .. it goes away and the middle
> >click menu has a new item added but of course i cant read what the menu
> >item is because of the second problem ..
> >(i compiled everything from CVS according to the build notes on the
> >webpage .. )
> >

> When you run e17 there should not be anything else but the wallpaper and
> the menu, and there is no iconbox for minimized icons, there is at this
> point only the middle click menu that you can use to see your minimized
> apps. The iconbar that is in the screenshots of e17 is not for minimized
> apps, its icons for starting apps with. how to configure the iconbar you
> can see on http://eltabu.leading-lady.net
> Also you can find themes there for e17, and some themes on
> http://cuddletech.com/e17 which also has a document on how to install
> these themes.
>
> >2. There is no text in the menu or on the windows that are opened ...
> >ther are just square blocks ... corresponding to the number of alphabets
> >that should be there ..
This has been discussed several times on the list and in some of rasters
cvs commit logs. The font display problems are related to issues with
freetype 2.1.2. Anyone having this problem can downgrade to 2.0.3 or
2.0.9? as per rasters suggestion. E cvs seems to work with 2.1.3 here but
raster has stated that it is still broken thus the recommendation
to downgrade.

Phil,