List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: Some weirdnesses found
From:       raster () rasterman ! com
Date:       1999-09-16 21:43:37

On 16 Sep, Johan Groth scribbled:
->  Hi,
->  I'm using 0.16.devel.7 checked out from CVS 16:th sept and I have found
->  some things that I think can be bugs. Lets here what you think about
->  this.
->
->  * Iconbar *
->  I have the icon bar occupy as little space as it can so when nothing is
->  iconified its just a narrow bar. When I iconify an application the
->  iconbar expands to the size of the icon but when I move the mouse
->  pointer over the iconbar when iconbar window becomes the same size as if
->  there was no icon in it but the icon is still visible (so is the
->  scrollbar). So it looks like I have two iconbars instead of one.

beahves properly here.. .:)

->  * 'Remember' *
->  Second problem is with the window menu option 'remember'. I use
->  Enlightenment's ability to remember which applications I want to start
->  at login but that is not possible anymore. When I choose 'remember' in
->  gmc (Gnome's filemanager) I get a dialog box but the option 'Restart
->  application on login' is not available. Other applications like xconsole
->  and usernet (Red Hat ppp-dialer) don't display the dialog at all except
->  on the root window (they are sticky).

there's a problem wiht program groups and leaders - so only the first
member fo the group that opens up gets the restart command on it
formthe paernt - so use the first icon gcm brigns up to "restart on
login" there (press alt-right mouse on the first icon that comes up)

->  * 'Lower' *
->  Third problem is with the window menu option 'Lower'. If I try to lower
->  a window with the menu option nothing happens but if I choose the lower
->  button on the window it works ok. Can this be theme related. I'm using
->  the 'Shiny metal' theme.
->
->  All these things (except 'Lower' problem which has never worked for as
->  long I've used E. I started with 0.14) worked well with 0.16.devel.3.
->
->  Despite these small problems E is still the best WM out there. Don't you
->  agree? *grin*
->
->  /Johan
->