List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: pager-iconifyer bug?
From:       raster () rasterman ! com
Date:       1999-09-16 19:05:30

On 16 Sep, Sibastien CARPE scribbled:
->  Andrew Robert Mitchell wrote:
->  >
->  > Hi,
->  >   I think I've just nailed (found) a bug in the current cvs (of e)...
->  > if you follow the following proceedure...
->  > have your virtual desktop set to (for example) 3x3...
->  >   A B C
->  >   D E F
->  >   G H I
->  >
->  > create an xterm in 'D'
->  > go to 'G'
->  > drag the mini-window int he pager of the xterm into the icon-box.
->  > (it is now minimized)
->  > return to 'D'
->  > unminimize the xterm (click on the item)
->  > the xterm restores, but to 'A' instead of 'D' or 'G'
->  >
->  > ... if indeed we had started in 'A' the window would be 'gone'.
->  >
->  > and a question... is the 'remember' application attributes section of e
->  > ready for bug-hunting? (or still too beta for that) (a la kde support).
->
->  This makes me remind of something i sometimes hit : a window
->  uniconifying in the wrong place .. never tracked it down, but this time,
->  i've done it ... i'm using 2 desktop with a virtual screen of 2 screen
->  wide, one height.
->  So i have :
->  A B
->  a b
->
->  go to A , get a window, iconify it (the way you perfer, i don't think it
->  matters). Now change desktop AND virtual screen .. means go to b.
->  uniconify the window from the iconbox (from the task list, it forces you
->  to switch to the screen where the window belonged - not sure it's a good
->  thing, but that's not the question :) -), and now your window is gone
->  ... using Absolut E, i got a chance to see the borders animation flee on
->  the right.
->  The only way to get the window back is to use the clean-up button/menu
->  item.

shoudl be fixed now too :)

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------