List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] EFL 1.22.0 beta 1
From:       Marcel Hollerbach <mail () bu5hm4n ! de>
Date:       2019-03-14 12:47:36

On 3/14/19 2:01 AM, Simon Lees wrote:

> On 13/03/2019 18:32, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>> Hello.

>>> I didn't get very far with openSUSE Leap
>>>
>>> meson.build:1:0: ERROR:   Meson version is 0.46.0 but project requires
>>>
>>> I guess i'm going to drop the requirement by 1 and see what breaks. From
>>> memory e only requires 0.46.0.
>>
>> Let us know if it works for you with 0.46.
>>
>> Its not the official release form though this time so I don't worry to
>> much about a version requirement.
>>

> Didn't make it far the following lines fail
>
>            set_variable(package_name + '_eo_files', pub_eo_files)
>            set_variable(package_name + '_eot_files', pub_eo_types_files)
>            set_variable(package_name + '_header_subdirs',
> package_header_subdirs)
>            set_variable(package_name + '_eo_subdirs', package_eo_subdirs)
>
> Because "Note: Prior to v0.46.1, the value parameter could not be an
> array type, due to flattening of the function parameters."
>
> I can slowly look to start rewriting stuff but I don't know much meson
> yet so if someone else has some time to help it would be much appreciated.

I don't think this will work, a lot dependencies will have the same
flattening problem, pkgconfig file generation will have bugs, generation
will be super slow, mono bindings will *not* work as the copy keyword
argument is not there. The "break" call does not exist, which will make
the lua selection not work correctly.

Greetings,
   bu5hm4n

> Cheers