List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] Azure Devop's CI
From:       Jonathan Aquilina <jaquilina () eagleeyet ! net>
Date:       2019-02-08 8:46:34

Hi Stefan,

This is something I was planning on working on given I am working on azure for some \
personal projects and potentially a massive project which atm is very small but can \
be gigantic for the aerospace sector.

I think we can add this to our discussion list for Sunday when we meet to speak \
regarding release builds.

On 08/02/2019, 09:40, "Stefan Schmidt" <stefan@datenfreihafen.org> wrote:

    Hello.

    On 06.02.19 15:32, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
    > Correct me if I am wrong but isn't travis a bit limited to an extent.

    Well, everything is limited to an extend. Only Google and Amazon have
    infinite computer power ;-)

    More concrete Travis is limited to 5 parallel build jobs for a OSS
    project. We are over this limit which means the 6th job and further will
    only start when one of the first five finished.

    IIRC Azure has a higher limit here (10 parallel jobs?) that would help.
    But someone would need to investigate how to use it and work on actually
    doing it.

    > I can actually give you guys control over this team so to speak so those that \
need to make changes can.
    Sure, you can give me access, but I am looking for someone who would do
    the actual work to get the efl CI builds we have running on Azure as
    well. On my personal todo list its quite near the bottom. If you or
    someone else thinks we should have it running on Azure I would welcome
    anyone to start working at it.

    > I think we need to have a chat somewhere maybe a conference call on this Stefan \
or a chat on slack.
    As I wrote in the releases thread I would prefer IRC/Slack. What date
    and time would ou want to have the discussion?

    regards
    Stefan Schmidt

Jonathan Aquilina <jaquilina@eagleeyet.net>  > Subject: Re: [E-devel] Azure Devop's \
CI  >
    > Hello Jonathan.
    >
    > On 16.01.19 07:31, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
    >> Hi Guys,
    >>
    >> I am looking to propose that I setup for the project CI on azure. There is no \
charge as far as I can gather for this. It seems like I would just need to tie it in \
to git to pull in the changes and schedule runs. From what I can see this is ubuntu \
based as a platform. What do you guys think do you think it's a good idea to have it \
do CI testing on each build?  >
    > I assume you know that we already have an actively used Travis CI setup?
    > https://travis-ci.org/Enlightenment/efl/branches
    >
    > We have an instant github mirror by now and if azures ties into Github to get \
the new pushes that would work for us.  >
    > If you want to add an Azure CI for testing to crunch on our efl commits I would \
be interested in see how it goes. But as many other things this needs time and \
bandwidth to work at. For me personally trying out another CI system is interesting \
but way down my todo list.  >
    > If you are willing to work on this let me know. I certainly should be able to \
configure things on github top get commits notified to Azure.  > As a good starting \
point I would suggest to look at the .travis.yml file and everything below .ci/ to \
see what we have so far and how it is setup with Travis. Most of the actual build \
testing as well as unit tests are executed in docker containers and not bound to any \
Travis specifics. If you set things up to execute jobs in docker containers on Azure \
most of it should be possible to bring over.  >