List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    [E-devel] Custom text via edje, native language text from code to edje
From:       "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml () obsidian-studios ! com>
Date:       2018-04-08 18:35:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Re-posting a portion of a previous post[1] buried in another with a
different topic. I feel it maybe beneficial to others trying to
accomplish the same.

Custom text via edje

In EDJE you set the type,

For a label, set to Text in EDJE. Then in  code you do a simple
elm_object_part_text_set
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/commit/4d4ce9c50a4029384a1e09a2145dfdc3dcc4ab4c
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/commit/4d4ce9c50a4029384a1e09a2145dfdc3dcc4ab4c
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/commit/7d4d39e4fe0f0914c903acfe7f68609190c0fbe1
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/entrance/commit/bdb719bc43dfee808e0ac7917ee19702525c8c78

Other comments from previous post.
I spent close to a month trying to figure out how to customize Text via
EDJE that is coming from code. I asked numerous in IRC. The final
conversation I had that on matter was with raster. Where others said I
insulted him. I have no problem making that entirely IRC session
public. Others are welcome.

The fact is the question I was asking was NEVER answered. No one gave
me a solution or any clear path. I finally 100% on my own discovered
the solution and it was stupid easy and trivial I could not believe the
amount of time wasted, or that raster could not easily tell me how.
Without going into a lengthy explanation as to design, engineering etc.

I could not believe how easy it was, and that no one could help me
achieve such. So I insulted raster in that process? Did anyone stop to
think if I was insulted? Maybe if someone is being insulting they feel
they were insulted. At the same time people can feel insulted due to
many factors including different cultures...

These are ironic given the recent question asked. Rather than simple
answer, got lengthy response. Similar to the past on customizing text
via edje.... At least I got a solution with the recent question. I had
to answer that one on my own....

But both times, seeking answer, which ends up being simple. I get way
more than asked for and sometimes not even what I asked for in the
first place... Like how to customize text via edje....

1.  https://sourceforge.net/p/enlightenment/mailman/message/36135613/

--
William L. Thomson Jr.