List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] evas gl_x11 engine support?
From:       Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster () rasterman ! com>
Date:       2016-05-27 15:04:35

On Fri, 27 May 2016 14:34:10 +0000 Jason Vas Dias <jason.vas.dias@gmail.com>
said:

> Thanks for the info Carsten -
> After much rebuilding & experimentation, I found this fix -
> The eWebKit2 example program at :
>       http://ewebkit.github.io/ewebkit-doc/ewebkit2/html/
> simply needs modification :
> It used to say:
>      Ecore_Evas *win;
>      win = ecore_evas_new(NULL, 0, 0, 800, 600, NULL);
> Changing the last line to:
>      win = ecore_evas_new("opengl_x11",  0, 0, 800, 600, NULL);
> does fix the problem.
>
> I found this out by building the /usr/os_src/efl/src/examples/evas/evas-gl.c
> example .
>
> But why doesn't it work with any of these environement variable settings :
>     $ ELM_ENGINE=opengl_x11 ELM_ACCEL=gl  ./test
> No combination of ELM_ENGINE / ELM_ACCEL settings seem to have any
> effect - only explictly giving the "opengl_x11" string to ecore_evas_new
> works. Shouldn't the environment variable settings work also ?

this doesnt work with the elm stuff... because you are not using elm! you're
using a much lower level api... ecore_evas. if you want easier usage.. use
elm. :) highly suggested.

look at ephoto, rage, terminology, edi, eflete, enventor and others. theyuse
elm. elm has quite a bit of docs and docs on enlightenment.org to get you
started and more. lots of samples in src/bin/elementary/test_*.c - those are
all the tests in elementary_test (run it and see)