List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    [E-devel]  [Enventor] Proposal Enventor win32 compatibility
From:       Michelle Legrand <michelle.legrand () openwide ! fr>
Date:       2015-02-24 11:05:45

Hello,

I've working on Enventor lately in order to make it run on Windows. But there are \
some changes I made that might affect the actual behaviour of Enventor. So I would \
like to know your opinions about this and your remarks on how to get this done \
correctly.

My first point is that today we cannot build Enventor on Windows because we are not \
exporting/importing windows libraries (.dll) correctly. In order to do that I \
proposed a patch (https://phab.enlightenment.org/D2040).  But the function \
"enventor_object_class_get(void)" is still not imported and since it is generated \
with eolian_gen the only method I have to deal with this, is to directly modify \
enventor_object.eo.h file and append an "EOAPI" before the function. I know that this \
is definitely not the right way to do things but I have no idea on what to do \
otherwise so I am looking forward to your propositions.

Another point I would like to state is that, a file on Windows cannot be opened at \
the same time by different process. This causes us a problem when opening a new file \
because, edje_cc tries to write on an edj file which is already opened by Enventor. \
So edje_cc throws an error "access denied" and as a result the edj file is not \
updated on the left screen. only creates one temporary edj file which can change at \
any moment and so reopened by edje_cc. So the changes I suggest on patch \
(https://phab.enlightenment.org/D2038) is that we create a new edj file each time we \
open a new edc file. That way we don't have access problem between the two programs.

Once again, this is what I've found in order to make enventor run on Windows but any \
suggestion is welcome.

With regards,
--
Michelle Le Grand