List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] Jenkins: 2 months later
From:       Daniel Willmann <d.willmann () samsung ! com>
Date:       2013-05-30 9:38:15

Hi,

On 29/05/13 23:30, Davide Andreoli wrote:
> 2013/5/29 Stefan Schmidt <stefan@datenfreihafen.org>

> Now I'm officially asking if someone that manage jenkins would like to
> include python-efl... or give me instructions on how to do it myself... or
> just say: no we will not include it, so that I can move in other
> directions.

We can include it, that's no problem. The first step would be for you to
look around on Jenkins and take a look at the existing config files.
(You have access now to read/change jobs) We're using a plugin where we
can use job fragments to define common behaviour for a class of jobs and
then use job inheritance to tie the different jobs together. For example:

base_efl_build_gcc defines the steps involved in building a project with
gcc. base_nightly defines additional things to be built (documentation,
coverage information, ...) than base_changely.

So what you would probably need to do is write a base_efl_build_python
that takes care of all the steps involved to configure, (compile) and
test your project. You should probably make the actual python binary
configurable (though parameters). That way the final job can just be
copied with the interpreter set to python2.7, 3.2 and cython and
everything should work.

>> So far nobody stepped up to help with jenkins. That means its mostly
>> Daniels show with some help from my side from time to time. We are not
>> going to work on everything people ask us about. Thats just not
>> possible. If you want to get the python-efl bindings building with
>> jenkins the best way would be to step up and get involved with running
>> jenins and setup the jobs.
>
> you mean I need to install a local jenkins ? I would like to avoid that
> work
> as it will take ages before I learn it. As we have a running instance I
> thought
> that was super-easy to add a new packages to the build...if this is not
> the
> case,
> if the inclusion will take more than.. dunno... 3 hours of work, just tell
> me
> and I will find another way.

No, build.enlightenment.org is the right place for that. We're just
trying to make sure that that these jobs will be maintained in the future.

Regards,
Daniel