List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    [E-devel] NOTICE: svn feature freeze this weekend (Sep 4-6)
From:       Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbieri () profusion ! mobi>
Date:       2009-08-31 22:22:07

Hello all,

Google Summer of Code went well and we'd like to do another snapshot
integrating the relevant module, namely "everything", the module that
replaces "exebuf", written by Hannes Janetzek (jeffdameth1).

Accordingly to my initial schedule
(http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/ReleaseSchedule) this should be
a week freeze and then the recommended Alpha snapshot, but I fear it
will not be possible. This semester is being specially busy for lots
of core e-developers and not much work was done to accomplish the
release plan (http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Release). So
instead of doing this now, I'd like to have yet another simple
snapshot as we did before, focusing on:

   - fixing bugs reported by Luis Felipe's LLVM/Clang:
http://local.profusion.mobi:8081/~lfelipe/output-efl/
   - moving code from fprintf/printf to eina_log (prefer to do this
BEFORE this weekend!)

Enlightenment DR17 is quite stable these days, the release items are
almost all done. Items under "Reorganize, Layout and Visual Changes"
are the biggest pending, but Raster already talked about postponing
those. But in turn, Edje received new Lua scripting support, that
really needs to be improved so Edje and thus E17 can be released.

Cedric wished to release Eina last time but we were missing eina_log,
just introduced by André Dieb some weeks ago. Probably with some love
we can make it 1.0 and be happy to release another important building
block.

BR,

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri