List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] R: [Announce] Edje_Player
From:       Andreas Volz <lists () brachttal ! net>
Date:       2008-09-27 16:53:28

Am Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:41:48 -0300 schrieb Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri:

> > I tried edje_editor -t and it works good. But it's not possible to
> > list the groups by parameter.
> >
> > I would prefer an own binary for edje_player. One usage of
> > edje_player should be a development tool. But edje_editor could do
> > that also.
> >
> > The other usage of edje_player is to be something like a
> > "FlashPlayer". Users should write complete apps or games in edje
> > only. I know Edje isn't (yet) optimized to do this sort of
> > application. But as you could see in the calculator[1] example it's
> > possible with Edje only.
>
> I really like this idea of a player or stand-alone run tool. Of
> course, we still need a way to show a simple file selector or group
> selector if none are displayed.  Try to do that without extra

Currently I load a group called "main" if nothing else is specified on
command line. A dialog would be overkill in my eyes.

> requirements, that is, keep it Edje only :-)

Maybe I'll write a edje_player_gui that wraps edje_player with a ETK or
EWL GUI that:

1) shows a group selector if "main" group isn't found
2) shows a file selector if invoked without edj file

I don't think this should be done in the main player application.

regards
Andreas