List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] E17 app building
From:       Matteo <matteo.brichese () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-26 19:28:10

I've the same problem, nowadays there is only the documentation in the web
site, so you could start from it, but It's harder.If you found the right doc
to start from, tell me ;D

Bye

2008/9/26 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbieri@profusion.mobi>

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 12:43 PM, jude ui <u0103a@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to build E17 apps based on the  EFL - however I have no clue how
> E17
> > works (down to the source) and how it's so customizable.  Is there a
> > detailed development guide that I could download off the net ?
> > (I don't have internet at home) Or can somebody help explain to me how it
> > works?
> >
> > -I'm really interested in the E17 project and willing to help - but I
> have
> > no what to help...
>
> Well... EFL is a huge set of libraries, several layers you could use
> or ignore, so try to describe the kind of apps you want to write and
> we can point you to better direction.
>
> Example, if you want to have more traditional application, with
> regular widgets, looking like Gnome/KDE applications, you better go
> with ETK and EWL. If you want yo have more fancy stuff like Apple's
> FrontRow, better go with pure-Edje. Of course you can mix them inside
> the same app, as Canola folks did with Edje and ETK:
> http://openbossa.indt.org/canola2/
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> http://profusion.mobi embedded systems

__Matteo__

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqkKurZ22KM
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Strada+dei+Campi,+34072+Gorizia,+Friu \
li-Venezia+Giulia,+Italia&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=28.611123,82.265625&ie=UTF8&ll=45.910682,13.507696&spn=0.00153,0.005021&t=h&z=18