List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    [E-devel] Need help fixing a segfault
From:       Viktor Kojouharov <vkojouharov () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-30 22:04:07

For the last couple of days I've been getting some pretty bad segfaults.
I can reproduce it every time, by doing certain things to one of the
shelves (adding modules, moving it to a different layer). When
debugging, most of the time, the stack trace passes through the
winselector module. Upon further examination, I saw that the obtained
data from an ecore (e) event, which in this case was the instance of the
gadget, was garbled. Most of the time, the bd_icon Evas_Object member
pointed to an unallocated memory.

I don't think the winselector code itself overwrites that bit of memory,
or does some excessive free'ing, since there's equal amount of
evas_object_del and e_border_icon_add. So I took to valgrind to figure
out what was going on. Too bad I've no idea how to read valgrind's
output. So I'm posting to the list, in hope that someone with more
experience in valgrind can help me out on this.

http://pastie.caboo.se/189585