List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] E16 Bug on locked mouse
From:       Kim Woelders <kim () woelders ! dk>
Date:       2007-02-25 20:47:45

Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm running 0.16.8.6 now and I've found 2 bugs which are quite making
> me think to switch back to 0.16.8.1 which seemed more stable.
> One of them is that sometimes by mouse cursor is just locked inside a
> window frame, my processor goes to 100% (but top doesn't blame e16,
> usually blames skype or amsn), and then I can get out of the frame for
> some wierd reason and everything is back to normal.

The boxed cursor thing can happen in certain situations if e16 for some
reason isn't allowed to run and process events. If some other process
goes berserk that may be the reason.

> Another issue is the lost of focus. Sometimes I lose the focus on
> every window. For example, I can click a window and the top bar (where
> the window title shows up) is selected  but no focus shows up on the
> frame. This can only be solved by restarting enlightenment. It's a big
> mess. I would love to help on debugging but I can't imagine where to
> start since I don't have a deterministic way to reproduce these
> issues. :-\

Does alt-tab'ing (using focus list) fix this?

> Any suggestions?

I don't ever see these problems and it would be useful with some more
information.
- When you updated e16 did you also update other stuff, like X11,
   (hoping to place the blame somewhere else :) )
- What is your X11 version?
- Which platform are you running on?
- Any chance you can find out which version between 0.16.8.1 and
   0.16.8.6 these problems appeared in?
- What is your configuration ("eesh show")?

If you want to do some debugging you could start e16 with
$ EDEBUG=129 e16
or when running use
$ eesh debug events 129
and see if you can log something interesting (e16 stdout) leading up to
the problem.

/Kim