List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] Re: E CVS: libs/ewl dj2
From:       "Nathan Ingersoll" <ningerso () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-04-13 21:24:25

On 4/13/06, Peter Wehrfritz <peter.wehrfritz@web.de> wrote:

> Yes, this fixed it for the menu, but the real problem lies a bit deeper.
> When you hide and show a override window again the output is corrupted,
> but when you call ewl_widget_configure it works. Attached is a little
> prog demonstrating this. I cannot imagine why, because this only happens
> with override set to true. Anyway it doesn't bother me, I only want to
> mention it.
>
> Also attached you will find a patch for the context menu placment in the
> iconbox.
>
> peter

Nice job finding the common issue here (the override window). I would
bet that this is happening because we're not getting an X configure
event on our window after it is mapped, and that sounds like the
expected behavior based on the X docs. Looks like it would get a
ResizeRequestEvent, but ecore_x doesn't have that as part of the event
mask for the window. Makes sense though, as an override window we have
full control of the position and size, so it would be redundant to
notify us.

I just committed a small change to ewl_window.c that schedules the
configure event in a more generic place, rather than the special case
on the menu's, and dan is following up with the removal of the special
cases in the menu.

Thanks for the test code and patch.
Nathan