List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] Re: E CVS: libs/ecore raster
From:       Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <raster () rasterman ! com>
Date:       2006-03-30 23:55:07

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:20:16 +0200 Falko Schmidt
<kaethorn@stud.uni-stuttgart.de> babbled:

> > Definitely.  Evas needs to be done this way too.  I didn't notice the
> > directfb requirement in there, I build without it.  I think xstasi
> > must have added it because his repository has support for it (and a
> > back-ported directfb package)

> > >i like the split this way. it gives fine-grained control. auto-
> > >dependency
> > >resolving will make sure the right subset is installed.
> >
> > Cool, will libecore be a virtual package for all of them?  Or
> > something like libecore-all?
> >
> good question. as it is now, libecore0 just contains the basic
> infrastructure for the rest:
>
> [...]
> ./usr/share/ecore
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/fonts.alias
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/fonts.dir
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/Vera.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraBd.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraBI.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraIt.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraMoBd.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraMoBI.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraMoIt.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraMono.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraSe.ttf
> ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraSeBd.ttf
> ./usr/lib
> ./usr/lib/libecore.so.1.0.0
> ./usr/lib/libecore.so.1
>
> the fonts remain another issue (see last mail).

this stuff should go away. ecore should get an ecore-debug package (look what i
did with eet) which includes ecore_test, ecore_evas_test and the share files
above (as ecore_evas_test is the only thing that uses them). ecore_confg should
also be put into another package maybe ecore-util-config by itself as a utility
tool for fiddling with ecore configs. a buildrequires may suck it in for build
time for example. this should be done with evas too and all packages that
contain these binaries that are PRIMARILY library packages BUT also may include
binaries. edje is another example. u want an edje-debug (which included edje
and edje_test and all the font/png/edc/edj etc. files) an edje-cc (which
included edje_cc, edje_decc, edje_recc and the edje.inc file). also embryo is
similar (embryo in embryo-debug, the default.inc and embryo_cc in embryo-cc
package).

> i could add a virtual libecore0-all package but that shouldn't hold us
> back from adjusting proper specific ecore dependencies of apps/e,
> apps/entrance and so on. ditto for evas when it's ready, of course.
>
> if the previous commit in ecore is ok then i'll look into apps and libs
> which use ecore and fix the deps there.

> > >it will have to suck in all the above libs then.
> >
> > I think this is fine, since IMO anyone wouldn't be doing much
> > development with only one specific subsystem of ecore.  And not to
> > mention maintaining all those different packages for -dev AND lib
> > will be a pain.
> >
> i totally agree.
>
> Falko

裸好多