List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    Re: [E-devel] The new menu generator is ready for testing, again.
From:       "Didier Casse" <didier.casse () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-24 18:48:17

On 3/8/06, David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's try this again, with a new, much simpler test procedure.
>
> Update from cvs, if from anon cvs, wait about four hours for my changes
> to get copied there.
>
> Make sure that you install e_utils, and all it's dependencies.
>
> Backup your ~/.e/e/applications/favorite and ~/.e/e/applications/all,
> just to be on the safe side.
>
> Run e17genmenu.  The adventurous could try e17genmenu -o.
>
> After that has finished running, E will by unresponsive for a few
> minutes.  This is a known issue with the eap cache regeneration.
>
> Send me the last line that is output (the one with the timing stats)
> and let me know what distro and CPU speed you tested it on.

Total time 57.617 seconds, finding fdo paths 2.403, converting fdo
menus 0.104, converting to 0 (rejected 0) eaps in 28 fdo menus -3.092,
generating menus 53.818, finding icons 4.278, not overwritten 0,
generating eap caches 0.206.

Fedora Core 5 (Bordeaux) 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp #1 SMP i686
running on
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 1Gb of RAM

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.