List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    [E-devel] Problem with the new string sharing stuff.
From:       David Seikel <onefang () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-29 7:29:25

Raster, there is a problem with your new string sharing stuff, or maybe
it has uncovered a problem elsewhere, possibly in the clock module.
http://pastebin.com/441950 is valgrind output supplied by rokaholic, I
have similar valgrind output (56KB).

evas_stringshare_del (evas_stringshare.c:112) is freeing ram that is
used a lot.  The most common symptoms are the clock module not updating
randomly, and E segfaulting every three minutes, or multiple of three
minutes.  These things happen when the clock module is enabled, even if
no other module is loaded.  They don't seem to happen when the clock
module is not loaded, so I'm guessing your string sharing code
uncovered a bug in the clock module.

I'll investigate on and off during the night.  I'll pop into IRC every
now and then to.