List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    [E-devel] evas, ecore patches. emotion doubts
From:       Jorge Luis Zapata Muga <jorgeluis.zapata () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-28 13:01:04

hi all,
here i attach a patch to ecore. the afected files are the
ecore_evas_directfb.c and the ecore_directfb lib.
changes:

* better support for keys handling
* diff against last version of cvs (the previous patch i send to the
list wasnt against the last version)

raster:
EVAS
===
also i attach the directfb evas engine i told you, please if you have
time give it a look, it is very similar to the xrender engine so this
will be straight forward for you to understand.

* this will make the engine behave correctly with edje files
* cleaner approach

EMOTION
=====
* i already started the v4l module for emotion, i can watch the webcam
through the emotion_test, but i have a couple of doubts about the
image format evas can handle. correct me if im wrong:

- evas main format is ARGB32
- also supports YUV420
 in emotion there are
 - BGRA (ARGB inverted) and uses the image_data_set function
why it MUST be in that format if evas handles directly ARGB? in my v4l
module ill have to swap the bytes, and also evas.
 - YV12 that uses the _pixels_import function.
how does the yuv_rows_get should work? what do you mean by rows? iam
not used to this formats, but as far as i see if evas supports YUV420P
(Planar) and my v4l device also supports this device i should pass al
the data in that format without reformatting. any help here will help
me.

thanks.
Jorge Zapata

["engine-28-11.tar.gz" (application/x-gzip)]
["ecore_directfb.28-11.patch.gz" (application/x-gzip)]