List:       enlightenment-devel
Subject:    [E-devel] e17 window raise oddity
From:       eric richardson <e () ericrichardson ! com>
Date:       2005-05-27 6:26:53

I compiled all the e17 libs/apps from cvs today, and things are working
great.  I last used the wm just before it had multiple desks, key
bindings, etc, so last time I saw it it looked cool but not much else.
It's incredible how much that's changed.

Only one oddity I've hit...  On one of my desktops I have an Eterm
running mutt.  Whenever mutt decides to alert me of something, usually a
new message arriving, the window shows up on whatever desktop I happen
to be on.  The pager still shows it on the right desk, and if I change
away and then change back it'll return to where it's supposed to be.

That's the same behaviour, though, as when you move a window to a new
desk via alt-click and then change desks, drop, and don't move the
window before changing desks again, though (ie the motion places it on
the new desk, not the drop).  That makes me suspect the mutt window is
changing desks, and then just getting thrown back when it doesn't get
moved.

So basically I guess my question is how I can make the mutt stay put.
Perhaps a chain command...

Or not.

e;

--