List:       enlightenment-announce
Subject:    [Enlightenment-announce] Enlightenment Foundation Libraries 1.15 and Friends are Out
From:       Stefan Schmidt <stefan () osg ! samsung ! com>
Date:       2015-08-04 11:48:39

= Enlightenment Foundation Libraries 1.15 and Friends are Out =

After three months of development work we are proud to announce the
release of
version 1.15 of the EFL, Elementary, Evas Generic Loaders and Emotion
Generic
Players. In these 12 weeks we got over 1000 commits from 64 authors in
EFL alone.
We slowed down a bit from last release (by around 200 commits).
Elementary has another
472 commits by 56 authors. Great job everyone! Some highlights are
listed below.

== Download ==

http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/efl/efl-1.15.0.tar.gz
2552e364e83b8b747ba6f6fcca699a025751a65407055faa9a2afce29d12b6f4

http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/elementary/elementary-1.15.0.tar.gz
62b4b7d506cf9ca82f9890328ec01b82d0f84a8d4acd787cec68c3367817ba20

http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/emotion_generic_players/emotion_generic_players-1.15.0.tar.gz
10bad633480a691585b0ba470c573b14da0a010008d9d59d0792cea8c621d423

http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/libs/evas_generic_loaders/evas_generic_loaders-1.15.0.tar.gz
caa22c9ba1ae9629c16a3fe809ea927f60b8f0d80cdb7f145159b997b9ae2bcd

----

= What's New =

Even if we had only three months a lot has happened during the 1.15
release cycle.
We only cover some highlights here. For the full list please look at the
NEWS files
if you are interested in the details. As usual we have been working on
fixing bugs,
optimizing our code for speed and memory footprint and adding new features.
Below we describe just some highlights and by no means provide a full list.

== Eo ==

Cleaned up object creation (constructor and finalizer) and improved
error handling. This includes adding a return value to eo_constructor()
and removing eo_error_set(). Object creation and error handling should
now be more consistent.

== Ecore DRM ==

Several new API functions were added for working with Outputs, along
with improvements to rendering speed and the addition of support for
hardware-accelerated rendering.

== Ecore Wayland ==

Support added for version 5 of the xdg_shell protocol. With many other
enhancement we no depend on version >=1.8.0 of the wayland libraries
(client, cursor and server). Wayland input methods gained support for
autocapital, language and password mode.

== Eolian ==

Several new convenience APIs were added, new documentation format and
generator was introduced and many existing EFL/Elementary docs were
converted into the new format (old format is considered deprecated). The
Eo file grammar was made stricter and additional error checks were
added. Preparations for enabling of the Eo file validator were made, but
are not yet complete.

== Edje / EDC ==

A new flag has been added to parts: "no_render". When set to 1, the part
should never be visible on the canvas, but can still be used as a mask
or a proxy source.

It is now possible to change a part's clipper by setting an overriding
clip_to value in the state description.

The text and image filters for evas are now better integrated in EDC,
allowing themes to use filters with animations, and refer to external
Lua files.

==Portability==

Many fixes for better Windows support have been added. On the Mac OS X
side support for CoreAudio was added to ecore_audio to play sounds.

==Elementary==

    * ctxpopup/hoversel: Added item_focus_set/item_focus_get.
    * elm_focus: added new focus move policy and
elm_object_focus_move_policy_set/get
    * Elm: Add context,open signal in elm_entry.
    * elm_scroller: add wheel_disable_set API
    * calendar: show days of prev/next month.
    * gengrid: add item cache in gengrid for efficient realize/unrealize
operation.
    * elm_config: Add feature to control transition scale for edje
    * win: Add autohide and ELM_POLICY_QUIT_LAST_WINDOW_HIDDEN
    * EFL Model List and Form View for MVC design
    * Dnd/X11: add dnd support for image, uri types
    * entry: add dnd image handling

----

= Statistics =

== EFL ==
(git log --pretty=oneline v1.14.0..v1.15.0 | wc -l)
Number of commits: 1065

(git shortlog -ns v1.14.0..v1.15.0 | wc -l)
Number of authors: 64

(git diff --stat v1.14.0..v1.15.0 | tail -1)

== Elementary ==
(git log --pretty=oneline v1.14.0..v1.15.0 | wc -l)
Number of commits: 472

(git shortlog -ns v1.14.0..v1.15.0 | wc -l)
Number of authors: 56

(git diff --stat v1.14.0..v1.15.0 | tail -1)

----

=Building and Dependencies=

If you have an existing EFL or Elementary install, you may wish to
delete its header files and libraries before compiling and installing to
avoid possible conflicts during compilation. If you are compiling the
above, please compile them in the following order:

efl
elementary
emotion_generic_players
evas_generic_loaders
Please refer to the respective README files in each release for a full
list of dependencies, explanations on configure flags and other relevant
information (Just scroll down to see the README already displayed nicely).

EFL
Elementary
Emotion Generic Players
Evas Generic Loaders
Recommended dependencies are for all of the above are:

bullet
libpng
libjpeg
gstreamer (1.x) (ensure you have all the gstreamer codecs you need/want.)
zlib
luajit (optional lua 5.1 or 5.2)
libtiff
openssl
curl
dbus
libc
fontconfig
freetype2
fribidi
libpulse
libsndfile
libx11
libxau
libxcomposite
libxdamage
libxdmcp
libxext
libxfixes
libxinerama
libxrandr
libxrender
libxss
libxtst
libxcursor
libxp
libxi (2.2 or newer)
libgl (opengl/glx or opengl-es2/egl)
giflib
util-linux (limbount + libblkid)
systemd / libudev
harfbuzz
systemd
libwebp
vlc (libvlc)
poppler
libraw
libspectre
librsvg

It is suggested you add the following options when building the EFL to
get a better experience:
--enable-xinput22 \
--enable-multisense \
--enable-systemd \
--enable-image-loader-webp \
--enable-harfbuzz

On linux to get framebuffer support you may want to also do:
--enable-fb
--disable-tslib

If you want wayland support also add:
--enable-wayland

At runtime if you want thumbnailing for DOC/PPT/XLS etc. files also provide:
libreoffice