List:       enlightenment-announce
Subject:    [Enlightenment-announce] 1.9.0-beta1 pre-release and Enlightenment 0.18.4 release
From:       Stefan Schmidt <stefan () datenfreihafen ! org>
Date:       2014-02-18 16:29:52

https://phab.enlightenment.org/phame/post/view/37/

We are ready for our first beta release for the upcoming 1.9 release
cycle. Please give it a good testing. Since alpha1 we received to many
fixes to list them all. Full NEWS will be ready for the final 1.9
release.

Download

LINK    SHA256
efl-1.9.0-beta1.tar.gz
e6ca25f4887d5b3db0f613bd476cd5a7661baa6ab8ea26992bd4deba552e399a
elementary-1.9.0-beta1.tar.gz
60217f129bda403db6445677143d1cb6fde1d76ae79f588104a3c38472d577e9
emotion_generic_players-1.9.0-beta1.tar.gz
33c1cf34739b1b4a77c1927d2fa27011e2e3acff38469801a4cefd77f3abdf37
evas_generic_loaders-1.9.0-beta1.tar.gz
bfe57c9b9574dc83771269a1cabf896b14ab4b9cf77cacda76631c0d42d83359
For your additional pleasure we have a new stable release for the
Enlightenment 0.18 series.

This release fixes a number of issues, most notably a very
longstanding bug
where distcheck would fail for modules which were not enabled by
default.

fixed menu placement in some cases
fixed dnd indicator visibility after operation ends
fixed screen limits window handling to not unexpectedly warp windows
fixed distcheck for non-default modules
fixed rare crash when closing applications
fixed crash when settings windows containing an entry widget were
closed
fixed ibar app tracking with applications possessing a skip_taskbar
window
EFM now respects device presentation hints
improved positioning of windows when using multiple monitors
compositor theme match dialog now functions as expected
LINK    SHA256
enlightenment-0.18.4.tar.gz
304a9d821c235e6d9fbcee7c45f286b72a1f646744142b9af825007d1058427a
Building and Dependencies

If you have an existing EFL or Elementary install, you may wish to
delete its header files and libraries before compiling and installing
to avoid possible conflicts during compilation. If you are compiling
the above, please compile them in the following order:

efl
elementary
emotion_generic_players
evas_generic_loaders
Please refer to the respective README files in each release for a full
list of dependencies, explanations on configure flags and other
relevant information (Just scroll down to see the README already
displayed nicely).

EFL
Elementary
Emotion Generic Players
Evas Generic Loaders
Recommended dependencies are for all of the above are:

bullet
libpng
libjpeg
gstreamer (1.x) (ensure you have all the gstreamer codecs you
need/want)
zlib
luajit (optional lua 5.1 or 5.2)
libtiff
openssl
curl
dbus
libc
fontconfig
freetype2
fribidi
libpulse
libsndfile
libx11
libxau
libxcomposite
libxdamage
libxdmcp
libxext
libxfixes
libxinerama
libxrandr
libxrender
libxss
libxtst
libxcursor
libxp
libxi (2.2 or newer)
libgl (opengl/glx or opengl-es2/egl)
giflib
util-linux (limbount + libblkid)
systemd / libudev
harfbuzz
systemd
libwebp
vlc (libvlc)
poppler
libraw
libspectre
librsvg
It is suggested you add the following options when building EFL to get
a better experience:

--enable-xinput22 \
--enable-multisense \
--enable-systemd \
--enable-image-loader-webp \
--enable-harfbuzz
On linux to get framebuffer support you may want to also do:

--enable-fb
--disable-tslib
If you want wayland support also add:

--enable-wayland
At runtime if you want thumbnailing for DOC/PPT/XLS etc. files also
provide:

libreoffice