List:       emerging-sigs
Subject:    [Emerging-Sigs] ET POLICY Outdated Windows Flash Version IE with Windows 8 and Windows 10
From:       Jeff H <jeff61225 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-05 21:55:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've been getting hits on this for Windows 8 and Windows 10 machines
running Flash in IE.

I verified that the machines are up to date via Windows Update. But their
flash version is 20.0.0.272 and the sig is looking for 20.0.0.286. Then I
found this stating that IE for Windows 8 and 10 wouldn't be getting this
update and would instead get updated during the normal February patch.
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2069452?start=0&tstart=0

I can't tell for sure if there were security fixed effecting the IE version
in this release, but it doesn't look like it to me (no related security
bulletin)

Just wondering if anything can be done about this to prevent alerts when no
patch is available? Or if this is such a rare occurrence that its better to
just power through (as Flash will be patched in a few days and it will
become a non-issue)

Jeff