List:       elinks-users
Subject:    Re: [elinks-users] How to get desired line at the top of the screen
From:       Fabienne Ducroquet <fabiduc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-12-17 9:43:24

Le dimanche 15 décembre 2013, Mayuresh a écrit  :
> Any other suggestions for para-by-para reading?

There is currently no counterpart of "z<Enter>", but there are commands
to scroll up and down by less than a page:
– scroll-up and scroll-down scroll by the number of lines defined in
Document > Browsing > Scrolling > Vertical step (2 by default).
scroll-up is bound to Insert and Ctrl-P by default, and scroll-down to
Delete and Ctrl-N.
– move-half-page-up and move-half-page-down, with no default
keybindings.

There is also the option Document > Browsing > Scrolling > Vertical
overlap that allows you to specify a number of lines from the bottom/top
of the former page to repeat at the top/bottom of the new page after
a PageDown/PageUp.

> Would it be possible to make a mouse gesture such as click or double click
> on a line to make it become the top line of the view?

It would not be difficult to define a function to put a given line at
the top, we just need the line's y-position. Have a look at
src/viewer/text/view.c, or just at commit
6211b8e725f95c3c0851e13a93dec4afdb6c1d4e where I added the
move-half-page-down/up commands.

There are already functions to move the cursor up and down even if there
is no link so they could be used to select a line with the cursor and
put it at the top.

There are functions that give the mouse position so I guess it would be possible
with the mouse too.

Fabienne