List:       elinks-users
Subject:    Re: [elinks-users] ELinks cannot run perl scripts that use perl
From:       Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <kon () iki ! fi>
Date:       2008-09-23 7:37:34

أحمد المحمودي <aelmahmoudy@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Another error is when I load a perl script with this line:
>
> use Data::Dumper
>
> Here's the error:
>
> Uncaught exception from user code:
>         Can't load module Data::Dumper, dynamic loading not available in this perl.
>   (You may need to build a new perl executable which either supports
>   dynamic loading or has the Data::Dumper module statically linked into it.)
>  at /home/ant1/.elinks/ELproxy.pl line 4

I think this causes the error with XML::LibXML::SAX, too.  In the
perlembed man page, there is some advice about "dynamic loading
not available".  Apparently, we'd have to link the DynaLoader
library of Perl statically into ELinks.  In my machine, it appears
to be at /usr/lib/perl/5.8.8/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a, but
I don't know how elinks/configure should locate that file.