List:       elinks-users
Subject:    Re: [elinks-users] How do I enable the pretty line graphics and	colors
From:       cga <cga2001 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-12-30 22:01:14

Jonas Fonseca wrote:

[...]

>I have added some fresh documentation about configuring terminals. It
>is available here:
>
>http://cvsweb.elinks.or.cz/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/elinks/doc/introduction.txt
>
>Hope it helps.

Thanks much for your fast response.  The document definitely helps.  As
I see it elinks
does not at present support gnu/screen's virtual terminals - ie.
"screen", "screen-w",
etc.. In other words I would need to patch elinks to add support  for
these terminal
types.

Am I correct in assuming this?

Or is it worse than this..? Would it also be a case of gnu/screen's
terminal definitions
not supporting the capabilities that elinks would need to display line
graphics?

Concerning colors - a less crucial issue where I am concerned - I have
been able to
check with other applications such as bash or vim that they are
supported.. although
vim's syntax highlighting colors are very different when running in
gnu/screen.

Where line graphics are concerned the only other application I took a
look at is
mc and it displays line drawings correctly.  But then although the
visual effect of
the two applications is roughly similar, elinks and mc may be entirely
different
under the covers. So I can't be sure it really means anything.

Cheers,
Chris.