List:       elinks-dev
Subject:    Re: [elinks-dev] Elinks crash
From:       Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <kon () iki ! fi>
Date:       2007-04-17 6:49:16

Yan Seiner <yan@seiner.com> writes:

> OK, I'm playing on dangerous ground... Javascript.
>
> So elinks died...  :-(  Unfortunately I can't get a core as I am running
> on a read-only embedded system....

I don't see anything script-related in your backtrace.  I however
see parse_sgml, which is part of the SGML/DOM engine you have
apparently enabled with configure --enable-html-highlight.  So
far, ELinks uses the SGML/DOM engine for HTML documents only when
it displays the HTML source, so you would not lose any ECMAScript
DOM features by disabling it.

Nevertheless, the SGML/DOM engine is supposed to replace the
old HTML parser in some future version of ELinks, so the crash
should eventually be fixed.  If you can provide an HTML file with
which the crash can be reproduced, that will be useful.