List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] KX3 - No sound from internal speaker
From:       Mike Dodd <mike () mdodd ! com>
Date:       2024-01-28 23:24:31

On 1/28/2024 6:12 PM, John Overbaugh wrote:
> I set up yesterday for field day, which I operate using a headset. At some
> point in setting up I realized my internal speaker is not working. No sound
> at all. Is there a hidden setting somewhere to disable it, or is it likely
> I've blown the speaker?

No settings that I can find in the KX3 manual. Are you sure nothing is
plugged into the PHONES jack? From the manual: "Plugging in headphones
disables the speaker and its amplifier."

Can you hear audio if you plug in your headset?

Maybe you can open up the KX3 and check to be sure the jack's contacts
are making contact when the headset is unplugged.

73, Mike N4CF