List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Recording received audio
From:       <john () kk9a ! com>
Date:       2023-08-25 1:15:00

I'm not sure what good the audio file will be to the power company but it should be \
easy to record.  Does he voice recorder have access in settings to the microphone and \
is the correct line in microphone selected?

Many contests require a recording. I sometimes split the headphone audio with a Y \
cable and record using a small digital Sony voice recorder. You could try splitting \
your headphone audio into the computer line in/mic if you're not sure that your K3 \
line out level is set or working properly. Headphone volume is quite easy to adjust.

John KK9A

Jim Cary W2SM wrote:

I've been requested by my electric company to send a recording of the power line \
noise I am encountering at my QTH.

I thought that would be an easy project….. connect the  K3S Line Out to the Mike In \
of my computer (Windows 10) and use the Voice Recorder to capture the audio.  But no \
matter what I try, Voice Recorder says to "set up the microphone in Settings."  But \
when I go into settings and look at the Microphone level, I can see the audio is \
apparently being received as the level varies as I change the level of the data on \
the K3S line out.   I tried using both the K3S internal sound card and the computer \
sound card with no result.

Is there a better APP than Voice Recorder for this purpose?

What am I missing?  This should be easy!! ☹️

Jim
W2SM