List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] Elecraft CW Net Announcement
From:       kevin <kevinr () coho ! net>
Date:       2023-04-30 4:02:18

Good Evening,

    Two days of 80 degree weather made the snow disappear.  Buds are
becoming leaves while flowers are blooming quickly.  There were no
daffodils open Wednesday, today there are fifty of them interspersed
with trilliums and yellow violets.  I filled the hummingbird feeder last
week; now it is almost empty.  Normally spring does not occur so rapidly
here.  The forest undergrowth is still flattened against the ground.
However, biting flies began feasting early today.

    The sun is moderately speckled, with one unstable group spouting C
class flares.  Flux is fairly high so there should be some ion noise.  I
expect a few thunderstorms to add static.  We are now inside a stream of
solar wind, another source of odd sounds.  Conditions sound as
interesting as ever.  I think it will be fun to test them.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

    73,
       Kevin. KD5ONS

-