List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Using the Antenna Tuner in the XPA100
From:       Fred Jensen <k6dgwnv () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-06-30 22:03:49

One would think so, but maybe strangely, there is no sign of any RF on
the coax at the rig connection.  My coax run is 100' of RG-8 laying on
the ground.  Because of a walkway made of pavers between the house and
autotransformer on the fence, it runs under the antenna along the fence
to a conduit under the walkway, and then back next to the foundation,
still on the ground, to a 1 1/2" entrance weather head and pipe into the
house just above the floor level, and then about 6 ft to the rig.  The
autotransformer on the fence has a ground screw with a wing nut but
nothing is connected to it.

For awhile, I just had a 25 ft coax run laying across the walkway and it
all behaved the same.  Wife "convinced" me to get the black hose off the
pavers. [:=)  I expected I'd have to choke the coax at the house
entrance [and maybe a lot more], I have no idea why I didn't need to.

Full Disclosure:  While I've spent a number of years in college, have a
couple of degrees, and am comfortable with the mathematics of RF, I'm in
my 70th year with a license and my usual approach to anything is the old
school, "try it first."

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn