List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Unassembled K2 Vs Assembled Marketability
From:       Skip Davis via Elecraft <elecraft () mailman ! qth ! net>
Date:       2022-01-30 14:50:08

I agree with both Ted and George about building is half the fun, I built several \
dozen K2s, K1s, and KX1s for myself and others. There is great satisfaction in \
completing a build to have it powered up and receive those first signals as well as \
making that first contact.

I still enjoy using the K2 on the air, I like the sound of the receiver. Back in the \
late 70s early 80s I was in a discussion with them and said that soon the 100watt \
transceivers would be the size of the CB sets. They weren't sure as they would sit in \
front of there Ts850s, Ft101s, and other such rigs at the time. Then along came the \
K2 and as a treat you get to assemble and align it your self, what a great \
opportunity to learn about the inner workings of HF transceivers.

73,
Skip Davis, NC9O
Sent from my iPad