List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] Elecraft CW Net Announcement
From:       kevin <kevinr () coho ! net>
Date:       2021-08-29 2:31:53

Good Evening,

    Bear berries have been ripening for the last two weeks.  I was
expecting a few grouse.  Being ready does not prepare you for when they
flush.  I have never understood why they flee, I can't see them until
they move.  Later in the week I was greeted by a few Steller's Jays.
Normally they flee too.  Then I noticed they were immature, they had not
yet been trained to be frightened.

    The sun has been active this week.  More sunspots with more flares.
Yesterday the ionosphere received a blast of ions from sunspot number
2860.  SpaceWeather.com said it was caused by a solar tsunami.  110,000
MPH is pretty fast.  Solar flux is at 90 sfu, the highest I have seen in
a while.  More support for better comms.  QSB should prove interesting :)

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
   7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

    73,
       Kevin. KD5ONS

-

My name is 905
And I've just become alive
I'm the newest populator
Of the planet we call Earth

In suspended animation
My childhood passed me by
If I speak without emotion
Then you know the reason why
Knowledge of the universe
Was fed into my mind
As my adolescent body
Left its puberty behind

And everything I know is what I need to know
And everything I do's been done before
Every sentence in my head
Someone else has said
At each end of my life is an open door

Automatically defrosted
When manhood came on time
I became a man
I left the "ice school" behind
Now I'm to begin
The life that I'm assigned
A life that's been used before
A thousand times

I have a feeling deep inside
That something is missing
It's a feeling in my soul
And I can't help wishing
That one day I'll discover
That we're living a lie
And I'll tell the whole world
The reasons why

But until then, all I know is what I need to know
Everything I do's been done before
Every idea in my head