List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] KX2 temperature
From:       Gary Slagel via Elecraft <elecraft () mailman ! qth ! net>
Date:       2021-08-22 12:45:32

I have trouble with the KX2 keyer malfunctioning when I'm operating with the radio sitting outside in direct sunlight.  It happens after 20 or 30 minutes of steady contest style QSO's on SOTA activations.  I haven't spent any time troubleshooting other then trying to keep it shaded with whatever is handy to droop over it.
I wonder if the Pro Audio Engineering Kx22 Heatsink kit would help with that issue?
Gary KT0A