List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] [K3] RTTY Questions
From:       Wes <wes_n7ws () triconet ! org>
Date:       2021-04-30 22:32:44

Are you using an external RTTY program, e.g. MMTTY?  If not and you're using the
internal CW to RTTY feature, I can't help you.  Otherwise I'm assuming audio
input via Line In.  Baud rate is set in the program.

Make sure the audio drive, set by 1) soundcard level and 2) "Mic" gain, drive
the ALC indicator to four bars.  Less and the power control loop will try to
adjust, but it does this slowly. Otherwise it could be a blown final, in either
of the PAs (regrettably too common) or a mistuned BPF.  I don't know how common
this is but it happened to mine.

Wes  N7WS