List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Will there ever be a KHR4?
From:       Jim Brown <jim () audiosystemsgroup ! com>
Date:       2020-10-28 20:53:58

On 10/28/2020 11:57 AM, John Dvoracek wrote:
> I am deciding what to order (afford). I only need one receiver, but I
> would like the superhet module which is now only dual. Would there
> ever be a single receiver superhet option, or is that just too
> complicated, impractical, not of use to enough operators, etc?

What is the intended purpose?  There are many SDR receiver options,
starting around $30, and with nice products in the $100 - $300 range.
All run on the USB port of a computer (mostly Windoze), and cover
relatively wide spectrum. There are multiple choices of user software,
nearly all of it freeware. And as long as you keep them out of overload,
they blow away many excellent vintage products.

73,Jim K9YC