List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] CW skimmer vs. i/q
From:       Mike Markowski <mike.ab3ap () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-12-31 23:27:19

A great analogy is from Keysight.  In the lab I work in, scopes and
RTSAs stream i/q.  Keysight software named Vector Signal Analysis takes
the i/q and can sometimes provide more capability in signal analysis
than the stand alone gear itself.  Tektronix does similar.  Raw, binary
i/q is all you need, and I think the Beatles said more or less the same
thing didn't they??  :-)  (Assuming love == i/q.)

Happy 2020,
Mike ab3ap