List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] FW:  How far can the KPA1500 amp be from the PS?
From:       "Dauer, Edward" <edauer () law ! du ! edu>
Date:       2018-04-28 19:59:22

Thanks for the ideas, Mark.  The remote software idea is interesting.  There is a 220 \
volt outlet already on the outside perimeter deck, which we had put in for the \
possibility of someday having a hot tub out there – which we never did.  I could \
put both the amp and the PS in some sort of lockable housing on the deck (which would \
require hiring a carpenter rather than an electrician.)  I will definitely keep an \
eye on the development of remote software for the KPA1500.

I remember when we were building the house we asked our contractor about doing \
something which would have been unusual, I don't now recall what.  I asked if it \
could be done.  His answer was like yours – "For enough money, I can do anything."

Ted, KN1CBR