List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] KPA500/KAT500 Remote Software
From:       Chris Hallinan <challinan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-02-26 13:27:35

Heh, I thought this post died a silent death ;)

Thanks for the reply, Rick.  But each of your answers has that "Windows"
word in it.
I don't currently own a Windows machine, and I don't want to.  Yes, I have
had to run a Windows VM for certain tasks because that's the only option
(K3 Utility, etc.) And I will say that VMWare for MAC has come a long way,
and you can get almost hardware speeds running Windows VMs on a MAC.  But I
don't have any desire to run the Windows OS.  And worse, there are known
issues running hardware devices like multiple USB serial ports using a
Virtual Machine.  I want to use my MACs natively.

MacLoggerDX is excellent for anyone who hasn't looked lately.  And the
support is awesome.

Heck, I'd port the utilities to OS X myself if I could get access to the
source code.  I'd put it up on github for all to contribute.  I'm a big fan
of open source.

73 de K1AY
Chris

--
Life is like Linux - it never stands still.