List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] K3 RX Equalizer
From:       Don Wilhelm <donwilh () embarqmail ! com>
Date:       2017-12-31 19:01:10

Chris,

To set the levels for DATA modes on Elecraft transceivers, see my
website www.w3fpr.com.  Go to the bottom of the left column and click
the link.

Yes, the Elecraft transceivers are different than other radios - you
must first set the audio level to produce 4 bars with the 5th bar
flashing on the ALC meter.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 12/29/2017 4:02 PM, Chris Hallinan wrote:
> Hi, Lyle.
>
> Thanks for helping me understand the K3 even better ;)
>
> I'm working on building a remote solution using remotehams.com software.  I
> hope I can use my SignaLink USB as the TX/RX audio interface to the
> server.  I can hear very nicely on the remote (same room still!), but the
> transmit audio seems very low.  Basically I've set MIC SEL to LineIn, and
> selected my SignaLink USB as the audio source for the server.  I'm still
> experimenting with levels, etc, and that's what led to the question.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Chris
> K1AY
>

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Lyle Johnson <kk7p4dsp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Lyle KK7P
>>

>> On 12/29/17 9:53 AM, Chris Hallinan wrote:
>>
>>> I understand that the K3 has two separate equalizer settings for CW and
>>> SSB.  I also understand it is not active in the Data modes.
>>>
>>> However, there are four sources of audio output:
>>>
>>> 1) Internal Speaker
>>> 2) SPKRS (rear panel)
>>> 3) Phones (front panel)