List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] SDRPlay as panadapter
From:       Jim Brown <jim () audiosystemsgroup ! com>
Date:       2017-09-30 23:56:45

ND0B (North Dakota Bill) is two grids away from the FFMA award for
working all grids in the lower 48 states on 6M. This is a quote from his
website:

"More recently I have been experimenting with RTL dongles and SDR
Console on receive for 6m.   The sensitivity and noise immunity of this
combination is incredible and in many cases it out performs my Flex
6700.   My recent contact with W6JTI flat would not have been possible
without this combination."

W6JTI and K6EU had hiked 3 miles up a mountain trail (2,000 ft climb)
with a KX3/KXPA100 and a 3-el Yagi to activate CM79, so that's the
station ND0B was trying to work, the band wasn't very open, and Frank
only works CW. :)  Frank and Tom were up there two days, and it took
early morning "just barely there" conditions to make the QSO. And, of
course, both guys are superb CW operators.

73, Jim K9YC