List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] [KX2 KX3] KX2 v KX3 battery characteristics
From:       "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull () net1 ! ie>
Date:       2016-06-30 10:37:59

Dear OMs and YLs,
     I have a couple of questions regarding the batteries used for KX2 and
KX3.

1) What are the relative radio weights with batteries installed?

2)With standard NiMh 2600 ma-hr batteries in the KX3 and the LiPo battery in
the KX2 both radios running at 5 Watts on CW with lets say a 80% listening
to transmit time; what are the approximate battery life expectations between
charges for new batteries?

3) Can the KX2 LiPo battery be used with the KX3?

      I saw the KX2 and its nifty case at Friedrichshafen and am afraid the
KX1 has to go.   This will leave me with a KX2 and KX3 and I rather expect
the KX2 will be my main portable radio.   Even in its carry case, I can
place the KX2 inside the AlexLoop travel bag.

     My friend Hugh, EI9KF has just received his KX2 and marvels at so much
radio in so small a package.

     A final supplementary question is there no need for a roofing filter in
the KX2 or is it already built in.    A bit of discussion regarding the
difference in architecture of the two radios would be interesting.

     Enjoy your radios.

                     73 Doug EI2CN