List:       elecraft
Subject:    [Elecraft] How does one get Elecraft's attention?
From:       "Paul Christensen" <w9ac () arrl ! net>
Date:       2016-04-30 17:34:48

>"Simple thing I'm looking for, Olli...to have a local Perseus SDR track
bi-directionally with the K3/0 Mini, and to connect simultaneously with
N1MM.  If the Mini could "look like" a K3, N4PY software could coordinate
everything.  I do this now with my Orion II.  The RCForb software claims to
have K3 emulation, but it really doesn't look anything like a real K3.  It
connects to N1MM, but that's about it.          Ron Castro  N6IE"

Ron,

N4CC and I have been using our K3-Mini and K3/0 setup to communicate to a K3
at our remote site.  I'm not sure if you're using RemoteRig.  We managed to
open up Com ports between RemoteRig and the shack PC to control and
synchronize an SDR-IQ SDR receiver (tracks with the K3) and also use
software like N1MM and MMTY with a microHam USB Interface.  In fact, I can
control N1MM loaded as a client on my home PC.  But for a lousy DSL
connection at the site, it works perfectly.  We also use Win4K3Suite at the
remote site to save and recall our personal K3 settings between us.

So, if you are not using RemoteRig with your K3-Mini, you may want to look
into it.  I can tell you that quite a bit of brain power is needed to get it
all synched and working together as I described, but it's all manageable.

Paul, W9AC