List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] K3 and KSYN3A
From:       "Robert Wood" <woodr90 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-29 3:31:58

Looked at the sm5bsz pdf showing the K3 at -128 db at 100khz on phase noise
100khz to 200khz likely to be popular same band operation of K3's at your
local Field Day

however

Looking at the published Jan 2009 QST, I read  -148db at 100khz separation -
aka the pdf is a bit off
Reviewing the ARRL phase noise graphs shows K3  is not just better but
superior to other rigs in "Noise" NOT produced at 100khz spacing .....
this is from Figure 3 in the K3/100 writeup in Jan 2009 QST
somewhat long process to go look all reviews up and note at 100khz (gave
presentation to club on this)

ARRL says the graph is -dBc referenced,
Checked a few other rigs listed in pdf, doesn't match ARRL graphs for
composite-noise test in the report
the conclusion is same but  Might want to report what ARRL graph shows at
100khz spacing

73 Robert W5AJ