List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] P3 Carrier always 6khz below freq.
From:       KM4VX <roncerra () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2014-04-30 15:57:34

Thank you for the replies. The coax provided by Elecraft is good,  but I had
it twisted around other cables when connected between the K3 IF output and
the P3 IF input. I disconnected the cable from the P3, rerouted it from the
K3 so as not to wrap around numerous other cables, and the troublesome
inaudible carrier disappeared. Problem is now solved and maybe this
experience helps others. The connecting cable is very well made and
shielded, but direct contact with other coax/cables created RF that did get
into the P3. Ron