List:       elecraft
Subject:    Re: [Elecraft] Bluetooth adapter for K3 Audio
From:       W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu () w0mu ! com>
Date:       2014-04-30 4:16:54

The reason I was looking for this is because I already have the hearing
aids in.  With the bluetooth my remote control will feed the K3 signals
right into my hearing aids.  No wires etc.  I can wear headphones
without any issues whatsoever.  The remote control allows me to change
the volume of my hearing aids, change noise reduction, quality programs
and listen to the TV device and answer my cell phone.  The TV and cell
phone are linked via bluetooth to the remote.  The remote then transmits
the audio to the hearing aids over a 2.4 ghz signal path.

My hearing loss is the upper part of the voice range.  I can still hear,
but I have a tough time with noisy rooms, restaurants and have been
saying what too much and the tv is too loud.  The hearing aids I have
will transpose the frequencies that I don't hear well to lower
frequencies or simply attempt to amplify the lost range.  My lower range
is above normal.

These new hearing aids are pretty amazing.

Mike W0MU